We would like to inform you about the application window for the Excellence Scholarships at the University of Utrecht, The Netherlands 2023-24.
Here are the important points to note about scholarships for excellence at Utrecht University, Netherlands 2023-24 :
- Funding is partial.
- They take all courses at Utrecht University.
- International students are eligible.
- All Master candidates are eligible.
A number of international students from outside the European Economic Area have the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree at Utrecht University through the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES).
The application deadline is January 31, 2023.
The Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship, Netherlands 2023-24, is a program that aims to reward further international students, and is only available for the courses below:
- All courses
Students of the following nationalities are eligible :
- International students from outside the EEA (EEA = EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway)
Benefits of the scholarship
Any of the following will be provided by the university:
- The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship may be awarded in the form of tuition OR tuition plus the necessary income related to a one-year study permit as determined by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- The scholarship is awarded for the academic duration of the program.
Type of Degree
The Excellence Scholarships at the University of Utrecht, The Netherlands 2023-24 are primarily intended for Master’s degree candidates.
Number of scholarships
All candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Excellence Scholarships at Utrecht University, The Netherlands 2023-24
- Be in the top 10% of your graduating class*.
- Not be able to obtain financial aid through the Dutch scholarship and loan system as they do not hold an EU/EEA passport.
- Have applied to an appropriate international master’s program with a start date of September 1, 2023.
- Have completed your secondary education and/or bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands.
The following procedure remains the only viable way to apply legitimately :
- Non-EU/EEA students will have the opportunity to apply for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship as of November 1, 2022, after submitting an application(s) for a UES-qualifying master’s program before the specified date.
- Before 31 January 2023, 23:59 CET, prospective students must apply via the application portal in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
- For complete instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, it is essential to visit the official website (link provided below)
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions that will help you in your scholarship search:
What are the Utrecht University, Netherlands scholarships for excellence?
- This is a master’s degree position reserved for further candidates of the Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship.
What are the tips to increase my chances of being selected?
- Respect the deadlines and provide all requested documents correctly.
Is this scholarship open to both domestic and foreign candidates?
- No. This scholarship is for international candidates only.