Recipe for homemade toothpaste with Siwak powder
Siwak is a plant native to India, which has cleaning properties. In powder form, it is ideal for caring for your teeth and gums. This recipe produces powdered toothpaste that keeps much longer than paste kinds of toothpaste.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation time : 3 minutes
- Quantity: 80ml
- Efficiency: 5/5
- 5 teaspoons of blanc de Meudon (calcium carbonate)
- 3 tablespoons of organic cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon of Siwak powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 17 drops of spearmint essential oil
- A mortar and pestle.
- A jar with a lid to store your toothpaste.
- Put all the ingredients in the mortar.
- Mix with the pestle until you get a homogeneous powder.
- Pour the mixture into the jar with the lid.
- Moisten your toothbrush.
- Place a little toothpaste on it with a small spatula or spoon (or other). Don’t dip the toothbrush directly into the toothpaste jar, so as not to contaminate it.
- Don’t use your fingers either, for the same reason.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
- This toothpaste can be stored indefinitely in a dry place.