Recipe for solid homemade toothpaste
This is a classic recipe based on coconut oil and clay, to which SCI surfactant is added to obtain the solid consistency of toothpaste. Don’t be fooled by the name, SCI surfactant is a granulated powder made from coconut oil.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Quantity: 75g
- Resting time: 2 hours
- Efficiency: 5/5
- 10 g of green clay
- 15 g of coconut oil
- 20 g of SCI surfactant
- 30 g of sodium bicarbonate or calcium carbonate
- 20 drops of essential oil
- A mortar and pestle.
- A jar with a lid to store your toothpaste.
- Pour the SCI surfactant into a bowl.
- Add coconut oil, baking soda or calcium carbonate, and clay.
- Heat in a double boiler to melt the mixture and stir gently until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the essential oil, and stir.
- Gently pour your mixture into the silicone mold(s).
- Dip one or more wooden sticks into the center of the mold(s).
- Place your toothpaste in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to solidify.
- Moisten your toothbrush.
- Rub it against your solid toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
- This toothpaste can be stored for several months.