Britain has a very good reputation and long history of higher education. Nearly a quarter of British universities are ranked among the world’s most prestigious universities and offer a wide range of interesting disciplines and courses.
In addition, Britain welcomes nearly half a million international students each year. By choosing to study in the UK, you will not only benefit from a high-quality education but also learn about British culture and improve your English.
Bachelor’s degree courses in the UK
Universities in the UK offer a variety of bachelor’s degrees, such as bachelor’s degrees in arts, science, engineering, and law. The most important disciplines are:
- Bachelor of Arts: Different subjects are offered like art history, social and health, accounting and finance, history, economic management, marketing…
- Bachelor of Science: The subjects offered at British universities, particularly in the sciences, vary to meet all needs. The main bachelor’s degree specialties are psychology, international marketing, media science, mathematics, physics, and geography…
- Bachelor of Engineering: Engineering is one of the most sought-after majors for students upon graduation from high school. Likewise, the specialties available for the bachelor’s degree vary by university. Most universities offer electronic engineering, chemical engineering, biological engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, and other specialties.
Master’s degree programs in the United Kingdom
The disciplines of Masters in UK universities are diverse; the most notable are:
- Master of Science: UK universities offer many specialties in the sciences. For example computer science, international economics, marketing, environmental management, health policy, economics, engineering, law…
- Master of Arts: This is one of the most famous and well-known master’s degrees for students. Specialties in this field range from 3D design, politics, immigration, management, design and culture, media and journalism, sociology…
Ph.D. programs in the UK
Universities in the United Kingdom offer several Ph.D. programs for those with a Master’s degree who wish to continue their studies. These programs vary in terms of the specialties and research topics that the student will pursue.
Obviously, the most important ones are the Ph.D. in philosophy, business management, health sciences, and marketing.
The most popular studies programs in the UK.
Here are the 10 most popular studies programs in the UK according to the “Complete Guide to Universities”:
- Natural Therapy
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Psychology in Sport
- Medicine and Surgery
- Marine Biology
As you can see, studying at a university in the UK gives its graduates access to the most important professions in Britain and around the world.
Learn more about the most accessible British universities for international students.
The most sought-after disciplines in UK universities
Here is a list of the most important majors:
♦ Arts and Design:
♦ This major allows students to work in the most prestigious institutions. In fact, the most popular university for this major is the Royal College of Arts.
♦ English Literature:
♦ English language and another related language. This opens up many opportunities for the student. In short, to study this specialization, we recommend Oxford University.
♦ Media, Communication, and Marketing:
♦ The London School of Economics and Political Science offers an integrated studies program in media and communication.
♦ This is one of the majors that allow students to easily enter the job market. In order to continue studying in the specialty of psychology, we recommend you the University of Cambridge.
♦ Chemistry and Natural Sciences:
♦ The University of Cambridge provides diverse chemistry and natural science program.
♦ Social Sciences:
♦ There is no better place to enter this major than Oxford University.
♦ The best law courses are taught by Oxford University.
♦ Physics, Life Sciences and Health: University of Cambridge.
♦ Accounting, Economics, and Finance: Oxford University.
♦ Computer Science: University of Cambridge.
♦ Mathematics, Statistics: University of Oxford.
♦ Management and administration: London School of Economics.
♦ Engineering: University of Cambridge.
♦ Economics: London School of Economics and Political Science.